Obviously, from my previous posts, you have probably guessed that I was home this past weekend. Carol had her recital and her yard sale, and I wanted to go to the recital and get in on the yard sale action. So the weekend before I went through all of my stuff to find junk I didn't need or want to put in the sale. I packed up the car and went home, to go through all my stuff at home to find junk I didn't need or want.
I had a LOT of stuff. We had Gracie Thursday night, so I wasn't able to get any of it priced. So on Friday morning at around 7 I got to Carol's house and started putting out my stuff. I wasn't even done pulling stuff out of my car before the yard sale vultures came in and swooped. I spent the whole sale pricing my junk, and I didn't even get to my bags of clothes. We made a pretty good haul. I put out the rest of my stuff after the sale was over, so on Saturday we were more organized and prepared. Unfortunately, West Point had their city wide sale that day, so our traffic was reduced because of that. We still did pretty good, but Carol has a lot of baby clothes left and I have some junk left. So we decided it will be a great idea to have another sale in July or sometime when I come home next.
Saturday night was the recital that we were going to. Katelyn and Emily were in it too, and Gracie was supposed to make her debut. Well, she kind of did. At the beginning, all the teachers were introduced, and Carol brought Gracie out with her. Then she brought Gracie out to us to watch her during the program. Bryan had her for a while, but when Mom got her she conked out cold. All of the performances were good, Carol did very well, and so did the girls. After the last number, which Carol was in, we were supposed to give her a thumbs up or down to indicate whether Gracie was awake and able to do her performance during the grand finale. We gave the thumbs down, because she was sound asleep. But Carol came and got her anyway. Poor thing, even with her mommy running up the stairs to get back to the stage, she was jiggled and bounced and didn't bat an eye. So the finale starts, and it's real cute. When the older students and teachers came out for their part, there was no Carol. But then when everyone came out, Carol and Gracie came out too. Gracie was still out cold. It was pretty funny, actually. But I will say that while she was awake, she LOVED it! She danced to the music and watched the dancers and had a great time. Until she got hungry and hot and tired, then she started to fuss. But she didn't cry. She tried once, but we gave her some water and she was fine. Such a good baby!
So that was my weekend in a nutshell. I really had planned on going into great detail about it, but I am not remembering the details anymore. Sad. But I guess if they were really good, I'd remember them. I have more to tell you, too, but I'm too tired to do it tonight. My hope is for it to happen tomorrow, but no guarantees. Just keep checking!
No comments:
Post a Comment