Saturday, September 6, 2008

Shrinking Shower Curtain

I washed my cloth shower curtain today, and it shrank! So now I have a random short shower curtain to cover the vinyl one. I'm sad because I've had this curtain since I came to MWSU, and it really ties my whole bathroom together. So I'm keeping it, damn it!

Jen and I got to take a bunch of students to Worlds of Fun last weekend. It was fun times. I spent all day saying that I wanted a Snoopy cup. So finally at the end of the day I started to really want one, so I found one. But I talked myself out of it. They were really cool though, they were Snoopy shaped cups with straws coming out of his head. Once I found it, I found it only held maybe 12 oz worth of liquid. For $6, I finally decided I could put that to better use. So I got a big pop and a pretzel instead.

The first thing we did when we walked into the park was run into Lucy and Snoopy:



We went on some rides and got real wet on water rides, Jen and the bus driver went on one upside down roller coaster, and then she found some students to go with her on the others. After the one, the bus driver didn't feel too good. I don't do upside down stuff or huge fast drops and things. I love water rides though. And I love amusement parks. Next year we are definitely going. We're also going to Ocean's of Fun. The students were also really well behaved (at least when they were around us...) and were on time and had a great time.

Then I spent the rest of the weekend trying to get my apartment put together. I did for the most part, and what I didn't get done is getting done this weekend. I'm very glad of that, I feel a lot better. I'll be taking a whole lot of stuff home with me next weekend for storage and yard sale piles.

New Kids on the Block were on the Today show on Thursday and they were really bad. Because the camera people always have to show shots of the audience, I didn't get to judge their dancing skills much, but their lip syncing skills suck. I shouldn't know you are faking it. I sure hope they get better by November when they come to KC for the concert. If not, I will be one upset fangirl.

No comments: