I don't think I mentioned this, but the week before last (finals week for the students) I was really wanting a Wii. Well, I've wanted a Wii since they came out, but the desire has gotten stronger. It got to the point where I spent an entire afternoon searching for a good deal online. So when I finally decided it was time for me to leave for the day, I went to Hasting's to get a book that I want my boss to read (I'm the chair of our "Professional Staff Development" committee, which consists of me and the Director, and I want us to do a common reading. I'm suggesting "The Last Lecture", and he wanted to read it, but I forgot to bring my copy back from my parents' house...) While I was there I checked out the Wii games because my nephew may be getting one for Christmas if Santa thinks he's been a good boy. Of course they didn't have any Wii's out there, but when I went through the line I asked the checkout girl if they happened to have any Wii's. And she said they did! So randomly out of nowhere I bought a Wii! I still haven't opened it yet.
Once all the students were gone and we closed up the building, I was finally able to get my Christmas shopping done. I did it all in one day. While I was at it I went to Lane Bryant to try on jeans. I have come to realize that my jeans no longer fit. Well, they probably never really fit well, but styles change. And this style just doesn't do it for me anymore. So I walked out of there with one pair of jeans, a pair of black dress slacks, and a couple of tops with a vest. But I tried on the tops for my Mom a couple of days ago and she's not in love with the vest, and I bought one of the tops specifically to go with the vest, so those are going back. I still need some tan or light brown pants, and I really could use more jeans.
But instead I bought "Ultimate Dance Party 2" and "My Fitness Coach" for the Wii. I still haven't opened it, but I'm getting closer. I'm trying to do my part to stimulate the economy. Yes, I know that I'm spending money that doesn't really exist (thank you Visa and Mastercard!) But I pay my payments on time, and I have a steady and fairly stable job situation, so I should help out. Folks should do more of that, and maybe we could get things back on track a little faster than the government will be able to. But I'm really thinking that Obama will do a pretty good job getting us through this as fast as possible, as long as the Legislative Branch doesn't squabble too much.
I came home for Christmas on Sunday. It was FREAKING cold!!!! It was so cold, I only stopped once along the way. I've seen Gracie every day since then. She's the cutest! You can have basic conversations with her, if you ask her yes or no questions. She has a bunch of words, but most of what she says is in baby-ese. But she can definitely say in a loud and confident voice "Bobbie!" and "Tyler!" and "Puppy" and "Doggie" and "Hordey" which is really "Horsey", and can mimic you on most anything. She is very happy. She will also tend toward the dramatic, I think, which is a lot like her Momma. Thankfully she's not a screamer or a biter or a temper thrower like her Momma was! She does have her fits, but NOTHING like Carol did when she was a baby! She likes her bags and her baby dolls and she likes to play with blocks and dance. But most of all she likes puppies! I came home on Sunday and she was upstairs taking a nap. I was going back out to get my stuff and I heard her talking, so I went up there. She lit up when she saw me, and lifted her arms and said "Puppy! Puppy! Puppy!" Yes, I'm small potatoes. But last night Carol picked her up from the babysitters and all she could say was "Bobbie Bobbie Tyler Tyler Tyler!" So she just had to bring her by to see us. She's taking a nap right now. We're being very quiet.
Tonight is our traditional Christmas Eve get together at Grandma D's. Yay for Christmas!!! I hope yours is Merry!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment