Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 21, 2009

179.9. Yes, I gained .5 lbs this week. But I was not good with the diet, so that means the exercise is doing something. I'm feeling a lot more motivated this week, so I think I'll be able to get on the wagon and stay there for a while.

Did I mention I got a Wii Fit? I've been working out with it. It's kind of evil. It calls me obese, and then makes my Mii all pudgy. And it mocks you. Today it said "Too busy to work out yesterday, eh, Bobbie?" To which I said "Actually, yes, Tuesdays are my days from hell, thank you. I will never step foot on this thing on a Tuesday." But because it's not really a person, it didn't hear me. I get a little frustrated with it because I just get started with something and it stops to give me a score and ask if I want to try again or quit that activity. But with everything but the Yoga I will eventually be able to set it to go longer before stopping.

There are a few activities I can't do because of my shoulder, and a few others I shouldn't do. Pretty much all the Wii Sports and Wii Play games I can't or shouldn't do either. One surprise I found was that I can't do the hula hoop exercise on the Fit. I did it once and almost had to stop completely because of the pain in my hips. I was afraid I hurt myself. I never enjoyed hula hooping anyway.

Tyler and I have been going on walks when the weather hasn't been horribly cold or windy and when my schedule allows. I am getting better about moving more. And I've been doing my shoulder exercises every day, which has helped my shoulder pain a lot. Another month or two and I may have a fully functioning shoulder again!

I am going to start going to stretch classes next Tuesday morning with the lady I tried going to for massages. The massage thing isn't for me (well, I love getting them, but they don't seem to benefit me enough to warrant spending the money), but I think the stretching will be good. I'm supposed to stretch every morning after I shower. So this class will help me get going with that. Hooray for health!

No comments: