No, I'm not dead My new "life" in residence life is taking me a while to get used to. I was able to get caught up on some stuff over the Thanksgiving break--I volunteered to be on duty just for this reason. I'm feeling much better about life now. I still have a lot to do, but I'm not feeling quite so overwhelmed.
I'm still pondering what I'm going to do as far as my future goes. I've gone from a plan to definitely leave here no matter what, even if it means living with my folks and working at Hy-Vee for a while, to a plan to stay right where I'm at for a few years and sock away money like crazy. My current plan is to stay here but continue to look for jobs closer to home and to start taking classes to get a degree in Business. Probably Marketing. I'm sure that will change by tomorrow. This being downsized thing has really put a cramp in my life, but at the same time I think it was a great thing. I'm MUCH happier--the rant diary that I bought not too long before all this happened hasn't been touched since I made the conversion. I'm regaining the social skills I had started losing. My only concern is this plan for the future. It's going to be hard to explain this whole thing (in fact, it already has been) and the timing was not ideal. I haven't been in one position long enough to be able to get that experience I need to move up. So I'm pondering the new degree thing because I've been asked in interviews already if I'm planning on going back to school. Frankly, I still have no interest in getting my Ph.D. Getting that degree will not help me at all to get to the positions I'm wanting. I don't want to be that high up in the food chain. But the Business degree would help me with budgeting and marketing aspects, and it would open me up to the possibility of leaving student affairs at some point.
My hips hurt. I've noticed for about a year that if I sit too long with my legs curled up that my hips hurt, but I didn't think anything of that. For about a month my hips have been hurting more, regardless of whether I'm sitting or standing. It hurts to walk. Today was the worst day yet--I could hardly get out of bed it hurt so bad, and it's not gotten a lot better. I'm really hoping it's just a side effect of being overweight.
Speaking of being overweight, the fat camp thing just didn't work out. I didn't like the WW meetings so I stopped going. I'm not eating better, and I'm not exercising. The Lyrica I started taking for Fibromyalgia made me gain weight. I'm weaning myself off of that, because it helped for a little while but it's not anymore. For the money and for the weight gain, it's not worth it. I still really want to lose the weight and get in shape. I just can't make myself do it when the time actually comes. Bummer.
My neice is the cutest! She's 6 months old and getting ready to crawl. And she throws a mean temper tantrum when she wants to. Boy does she get mad! But in general she's really good. Christmas is going to be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment