Charlie Wilson's War was a great movie. Funny, dramatic, historical, just nice. Philip Seymour Hoffman was stellar as usual. Tom Hanks was very good as well. I'm not a huge Julia Roberts fan. I can never see her as the character she's portraying. She just looks like Julia Roberts with different hair, trying to talk in a southern accent.
There Will Be Blood was...different. The acting was great. I'm still trying to figure out the plot of the movie though. Well, I guess the plot is the oil business at the turn of the century. But there didn't seem to be a purpose to it. I guess it's just a story about an oil man. Daniel Day Lewis was of course brilliant.
The thing is, I don't think I'm going to the movies tomorrow. I spent a lot of money today, so to spend a tank of gas plus admission and a coke doesn't seem like a wise choice. The only problem is that if I don't go, I won't see two of the three major contenders for best motion picture. Michael Clayton comes out on DVD before the ceremony, but it's not got a shot. Neither does Juno. So I'm conflicted. I also have a lot of work to do before Tyler comes home on Sunday. Oh, the decisions!
No comments:
Post a Comment