I do not know how I feel about this. I missed last week, I apologize for not making my usual comments. I hear that some of the songs last week were really good and some were really bad. And the girl who just started had never heard "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" before. Yikes. I missed the Elvis theme when they did that a few years ago too, and that was not a bad thing. The Elton John tribute was awful, and it saddened me.
Thus far:
Amanda: I'm sorry dear, but I agree with Simon. You're boring. Do something different. Take a slow song and turn it into a rock thing. Something. But you at least didn't butcher Back in the USSR. Thank you for that.
Kristy: Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. No emotion until the end. Butchered it. I can tell you never heard this song before this week. People, do not vote for her. What? New to the Beatles thing? "The Beatles Thing"? How can you be a singer and not be familiar with the Beatles? What is this generation coming to?
David A: First of all, his Imagine was good, but forget the lyrics last week??? But he covered it well I suppose...Tough song. Redemption. That was extremely good. I see why people like him. I may actually vote this time, and vote for him...
Michael: This is not my favorite song anyway. It still isn't. The psychedelic lights were cool.
Brooke: I don't like it when they sit on the stairs. I don't know why. I don't like the country spin on this. And she's not getting the "do do do" parts right. I don't know why, but they don't sound right to me. Maybe because she sang them just like the rest of the lyrics, when they're supposed to be kind of an interjection. And I don't like yellow. And she needs to shut the hell up.
David C.: I'm not sure what that thing with his mouth on the other mike was all about, but this was good. The rocker chick needs to learn stuff like this.
Carly: Nice. I liked that.
Jason Dreadlocks: I'm afraid that this is actually my least favorite Beatles song. Despite the French, this is a "safe" song. I bet the judges tell him that too. Oh, they didn't. But they didn't like it either. But as usual I agree with Simon. That goofy ass grin is the only thing that saved him here.
Syesha: This is my favorite Beatles song. And I hate the way she is singing it. She has a nice voice, but I hated this. Sorry.
There are too many commercials. How many more people do we have to listen to?
Chikezi: If you don't know how to play an instrument, don't try to play it on stage. I've never heard this song before. I am shamed as a Beatles fan. No wait, I take that back, I actually did hear this song in the movie "Across the Universe". Wow. More shame. But this is an amazing performance. I completely disagree with the judges. I thought it was fun as heck.
Have I ever mentioned that I really don't like Paula?
Ramiele: She's cute, I like the hat. I am always surprised by the voice that comes out of her. And it was a good performance.
My prediction: We will definitely say goodbye to Kristi or Brooke tomorrow.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment