Monday, March 10, 2008

Obama/Edwards '08

Ok, yes I know, Edwards isn't on the ticket. Yet. I can continue to hope, though, can't I?

Moving on, yes, I am officially shifting from a Hillary supporter to an Obama girl. As a feminist who has almost always thought Hillary was pretty kick ass, I was excited for her to be running and that she was doing well, and had planned on supporting her once my boy Edwards was out (which we all knew was going to happen as soon as he announced his candidacy). But she made it real hard to support her. I'm not a fan of dirty politics, and she's getting dirtier by the minute. I continued to give her my nod, however reluctantly, until this morning when I hear on the news that apparently Obama would make a great VP (OK, yeah, I was always hoping for a Clinton/Obama ticket, but once this campaign went ugly, that vision wasn't so great anymore). What?? He's not experienced enough to be President, but after working with Hillary for a while he'll be fine if she gets assassinated? Come on. That is just too much for me. Give it up Hillary. You're not only playing dirty, you're playing stupid. And if I were voting in an upcoming primary, you would have lost my vote.

I'm pretty sure I can get over my "Left Behind" series apprehensions about Obama. But if he starts mandating everyone be chipped for our security, don't say I didn't warn us all in the beginning.

Now for a fun little sketch for those of you, like me, who can't stay up to watch SNL:

No comments: