Saturday, November 1, 2008

Insomniac's View

It's 2 AM on Halloween night. Where is your black cat? Mine is sleeping on the couch next to me. I haven't written in a very long time. Well, I guess for me, it's long. I have plenty to write about, but tonight's (this morning's?) blog is dedicated to at least two things I have noticed in the past half hour.

1. One of my new favorite shows is "Time Warp" on the Discovery Channel. I was way excited to see that there were two back-to-back episodes on at 1 AM. I'm on duty and it's Halloween, so you know I'm totally looking for stuff to do. And because I get bored watching TV, I got on Facebook. Before I know it it's 2 AM and Laurie Metcalf is on my screen telling me about Alex, an orphaned 12 year old boy in Africa who is now the only family his four little brothers have and that I need to give money to save him. And I watched it, and just as I was hoping I would at least find out how Alex's parents died, the story ends and up pops up this bimbo blonde hawking some informercial mortgage scheme, trying to convince me to take my money away from Alex and buy a big expensive house I can't afford. Only in America, folks!

2. Thankfully, it is America, and I can change the channel. The VH1 Video Countdown is on and AC/DC is on with their new video. I haven't really paid much attention to AC/DC since the 80's. They seemed a lot more, i don't know, heavy metal-ish back then. Now they are quite, um, VH1-ish. If it were fronted by someone else besides the lead singer of AC/DC, i'd like it. But I've never cared for his brand of screaming, no matter how adult contemporary it may be.

3. John Legend is HOT! I haven't watched music videos in ages...I typically listen to the countdown as I fight waking up on weekends, and since the TV is further than an inch from my face I haven't seen more than blur since the last time I had to work the overnight desk shift. And John Legend is hot! Especially compared to Andre 3000...

4. The chick who hosts the Countdown gets worse every week. And you know she is only as bad as her writers are. Note to VH1: If you want people to actually watch this show, get rid of the show. Just show videos. And John Legend.

5. I know what I think I should do with my life. Create a TV network for live-in staff in their 30's.

No comments: