Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bon Jovi

Just following up on my last blog: I made it through my wait at the airport without getting harmed in any way. I have also been doing a bit of research on cross bites and tooth grinding (bruxism) and am not seeing a whole lot of information corroborating what my dentist just told me. In fact, it seems that their definition of cross bite isn't exactly completely accurate. So I'm not going to pursue the braces option at this point.

This weekend was super fun. I went home for a day to grab the sewing project from my mom and see Gracie Face. She's walking now and is starting to talk. She can say "Hi" and "Mama", and I'm telling you she said "Puppy" when she was petting Precious. She is the cutest!

Then Carol and I went to Des Moines on Sunday to do a bit of shopping and go to a Bon Jovi concert. The shopping was alright. The concert was awesome! We were in nosebleed seats that were kind of scary, but they were right in front of the stage so we had a great view from far away. Daughtry was the opening act and they were great. Bon Jovi was amazing. When they sang their stuff from the 80's they were totally running around and stuff like they did back then. All they needed was the big long hair and you wouldn't know the difference. Thankfully the people in front of us and to the sides of us weren't rocker beasts who insisted on standing up and dancing the whole time. There were some a couple rows down and over who were really annoying, but we could ignore them. I don't mind standing and dancing, but not in the nosebleed section. It's way to steep and crowded to do that. But we were smooshed between two larger women. The one next to me was fine though. Carol didn't enjoy her neighbor unfortunately.

Daughtry did a cool thing during their show. They told the lights people to turn the lights off and told us all to turn on our cameras. Then on the count of four we all took pictures. It was really cool, because thousands of lights flashed all over, like sparkles.

Chris Daughtry also came out and sang a duet with JBJ on "Blaze of Glory" which was cool. Bon Jovi sang all the songs I wanted them to sing except "This Ain't a Love Song", but that wasn't one of their bigger hits so I understood. And they were awesome.

I love concerts. I forget how much I love them until I go to one. I love the atmosphere, the lights, the cheering (if it's under control...the New Kids On the Block screaming wasn't so great), the deafness you get from the noise, and the energy of the performers. I love singing along and dancing a bit, clapping and stomping and stuff. I'm going to make the attempt to go to more concerts. Here is my list of bands or singers I would love to see live if time and money were no object:

Neil Diamond. He is the only artist that I will see over and over again until he dies. I've been to 3, and as soon as I know where I will be living next year I will book tickets for a concert in the fall.
They Might Be Giants. They were at the University of Iowa in September but I couldn 't go :(
Matchbox 20. Still kicking myself for not going to this concert in Feb.
Prince
The Police
U2
Jimmy Buffett. I will see him. I will.
Rascal Flatts. Seen them twice. I could see them again for sure.
Rolling Stones. JBJ did a great Mick Jaggar impression at the concert and it made me want to see the real thing.
Janet Jackson
Michael Jackson
Madonna
George Michael
The Eagles
Josh Groban
Il Divo
No Doubt/Gwen Stefani
Fergie, but not the Black Eyed Peas, although, they might be fun too
Justin Timberlake
The Backstreet Boys
New Kids on the Block when they start their reunion tour. I'm interested to see them dance.
Flogging Molly
Britney Spears. Really, I think she'd put on a good show. Cher lip synched and it was an amazing show.

OK, I must end my list now because Idol is on! Yay!

No comments: