So I'm in yet another poorly presented program that is not going to be of much use to me or my institution. This is actually a handwritten blog that I'm going to type up sometime (like now). The latest trend for conferences is to "go green", so we don't get to fill out evaluations of these things. I wonder if my standards are just too high.
So I'm also enjoying the fact that we can't get handouts or anything for the "green" movement but I find it funny beause that really just means we will all use more electricity to get the stuff they send us on the computer.
My interviews went well. I only got one "thanks but no thanks" note, but I wasn't interested in them anyway. I got one ambiguous note from a school that I have some friends at. I'm hoping they like me and consider me a real candidate, because I am a real candidate. Of course they might not have liked me at all, which would be very sad. One school I didn't get a note from at all, and I'm not sure how the interview went, but it's not a high priority job.
The socials I went to were OK, but kind of awkward as always. I hate socials. I want to be an "I' now. We went to the World of Coca-Cola which was fun, although, $15 was kind of steep for it. Tomorrow we are hitting up the CNN World Headquarters.
I can totally tell this guy is a religion faculty member to be. He is very dry, monotone, and yucky. And this is more about academic advising in general and is not about second year advising. The co-presenter is also terrible, he's very crude in the stuff he is saying. I want to leave. I sure hope my next two sessions will be better. I don't remember what I'm going to exactly, but I know where they are.
I'm a pen thief. Not from desks or people, but from vendors and hotels. I was disappointed this year in the lack of pens out there. Ooh! They're done early! Hooray! Don't anybody ask questions......
No comments:
Post a Comment